You know what old bowl-cut looks like:
You know he's got an interesting wardrobe. This is what I was what I was able to do with it:
Here's how I did it.
After planning the design and making the pattern I began to cut fabric. Both of the white and black trim on the collar were made of bias stripes. Here I cut the bias strips apart in a big spiral.
Here I use my zipper foot and polyester cording to make the piping.
Cutting out the pattern. I found a nice twill in the desired shade of green. The vest is fully self-lined.
The symbol is made out of the same twill as the rest of the vest. The outermost layer of the symbol needed to be black, so I stitched that. Here, I am using a longer zigzag stitch to hold the symbol in place. Later I went back with a very narrow stitch to give the symbol stability as well as the proper black border.
After stitching the waistband into place I marked the placement for all the buttonholes. Here, I am using my buttonhole attachment piece for my sewing machine. There were a lot of buttonholes!
After I cut all the buttonholes open I wove the "belt" through all the buttonholes.
There's a better view.
This is what the final "belt" looked like.
Stitching the waistband facing to the lining by hand.
The finished vest.
Don't forgot to rock the popped collar!
Detail of the black piping and the white binding on the edges.
Detail of the zipper and woven waistband.
Stay tuned- more fun stuff to come in the coming weeks!